From September 2016 to April 2017 Dublin’s Culture Connects: The National Neighbourhood piloted a series of creative partnerships between Dublin City, it’s people, artists, National Cultural Institutions, Public Libraries and the City Arts Office. We’re delighted to report that 8 core initiatives saw :
• 86 community groups work with 53 artists across the 5 administrative areas
• supported by 50 other creatives and cultural administrators
• 1,064 individuals aged 5-85 participated in activities across 29 Dublin villages
• This included 300 workshops in their areas and 92 visits to our National Cultural Institutions
• 3,100 wider members of the public attended 49 events as part of the outputs of the projects, in neighbourhoods, cultural institutions and public libraries
• We communicated to over 11,000 people through our social media and newsletter each month
Each of these programmes began with outreach and engagement within the community, where the collective interests of Dubliners were gathered through hundreds of workshops. These collective interests then informed the themes of cultural projects taking place across the city.
This year we are implementing three different forms of community engagement.
Tea & Chats – we visit and listen to community groups on home turf, and in their own venue, to start a conversation where everyone feels comfortable to express their ideas and concerns. Since 2015, we’ve listened to thousands of people of all ages and from all walks of life, collecting stories along the way.
Engage the City – we will gather a group of artists and practitioners who will work together within communities to test new and creative ways of working and put them into practice with Dublin-based neighbourhood groups.
Culture Club – is a simple concept that connects local people to national institutions in a fun and easy way. Individuals and community groups are invited to visit their national institutions for a guided tour and a cup of tea.
If you would like to get involved or find out more please email email@example.com